What is a VLC Media Player and Why Use it?
VLC Media Player is a free and open-source media player that can play videos, music, and other multimedia files. It is a popular choice for those who want to watch or listen to their favorite content on their computers.
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular media players around the world. It can be used on any operating system including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and more. VLC Media Player can also be downloaded from its official website.
You can also stream music and videos from VLC to Chromecast. InverseGeek has featured a How-To post on how to do this.
How to Open VLC Media Player
This guide will teach you how to open a VLC media player. VLC Media Player is a versatile and easy-to-use media player that can play most video, music, and audio formats.
- Open Finder and go to Applications.
- Find VLC Media Player in the list of applications and click on it.
- Click on the “Open” button in the top left corner of the window that appears when you open VLC Media Player.
How to Find the Files on Your Computer in VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a free and open-source multimedia player that supports various formats and codecs. It can be used to play DVDs, Blu-rays, streaming videos, audio CDs, etc. VLC Media Player is one of the most popular media players in the world. It has been downloaded over 100 million times on all major platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. If you are looking for files on your computer using VLC Media Player then you can use some of these methods:
The following VLC commands can be used to open a file or folder:
- “File > Open Video:” Opens the video file with VLC.
- “File > Open Media Library:” Opens the media library. This will reveal any videos that have been added to your library and also allow you to access them from any other device on which you have VLC installed.
- “File > Open Media:” Opens the video file with VLC using a media URL.
- “File > Open Movie:” Opens the movies folder on your computer, which may contain several movie files in various formats.
- “File > Open Media Library <<Extensions:>” If you want to find which files are saved on your computer that has a particular extension, an extension filter is available. This will show any media file with the given extensions.
How to Track Where Your Music & Videos are on Your Hard Drive
When you buy a new computer, it comes with a default music library and videos. These libraries are located on the hard drive but you can easily locate them by using a few simple steps.
- Open the Start menu and select File Explorer
- Navigate to This PC > Music > Music folder
- You will see a list of folders with your music name in them.
- Locate the folder that contains your music and open it to see where your music is stored on your hard drive.
Read also: Third Party Streaming Host
Where Can I Play My Audio Files?
When you are listening to a podcast, you can’t help but wonder, where is this file stored? Luckily for you, it’s not just on your computer. Podcasts are saved in the cloud and can be played from any device that has an internet connection.